Monday, August 12, 2013

Cardinals Training Camp



Who said Mondays have to be so horrible? Today we ventured over to the west side and spent the day at Arizona Cardinals training camp held at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. The 45 minute drive was well worth it, especially since the admission and parking were free. We arrived super early, about 20 people in line in front of us, and waited about 30 minutes to go in and get the best seats in the house!


over here Larry!!! 
Practice lasted about 2 1/2 hours, seeing all my favorite players was amazing, game or not. We saw them all, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, Darnell Dockett, Carson Palmer and rookie Tyrann Mathieu. Michael was a bit bummed they weren't playing football, instead they were doing drills and  practice throws. 

Michael was invited to the Kids Interactive Zone where he got to practice himself - and scored a free frosty for making the quarterback toss!



Next year, Manny can join him!

At the Kids Interactive Zone, Michael was also given a wristband to attend the children's autograph experience after the practice. This was upstairs limited to kids only which meant we had to split up for OPERATION LARRY! I wanted one thing - Fitz autograph! So Jesus and Manny stayed at our seats while I took Michael upstairs. We waited about 30 minutes and Michael was able to get his hat autographed and paper autographs from 4 players - 3rd string QB Ryan Lindley, ILB Karlos Dansby (pictured), RB Stepfan Taylor, and  DE Matt Shaughnessy. 


Michael and I are headed down to our seats, and I hear people start yelling so I look up. Yes, there it is, #11, MR LARRY FITZ  walking across the field to sign autographs!! I grabbed Michael so fast and we darted down to our seats where Jesus and Manny are already yelling. We hopped over the seats. I took my Fitz jersey off hoping hoping hoping that he would come our way! Wait - yes I took my jersey off but I had an undershirt on, I'm not that desperate for an autograph! Well not in front of my kids anyway! Some very sad results followed my adrenaline rush, Larry took off back across the field after a very short 2 minutes! Why Larry?!?! Why?!? Michael, yelling Larry! Come back! was so sad that Larry left, even though he didn't know he was - just a football player. Manny had even learned to yell Larry. Which I heard from both of them on the drive home until they snoozed off. 



Overall, cards camp was everything I thought it would be (minus the Fitz autograph)! We all had so much fun and became more familiar with the team we love! Oh and I forgot to mention that while Michael and I were upstairs getting autographs, Jesus and Manny scored autographs from Darnell Dockett, Patrick Peterson, Mike Gibson, Bobby Massie, Nate Potter and Deveric Gallington. 

Good job Daddy!


-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment