- 1 lb thawed, medium sized RAW shrimp (cooked shrimp won't taste the same!)
- 2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice ( 5-6 lemons)
- 1 large purple onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed, and diced.
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup clamato juice
- 2 tsp salt
Peel and dice shrimp. Combine diced shrimp and onion in a large bowl. Add enough lemon juice to cover the top. Chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare the tomatoes, cucumbers and cilantro. Once the shrimp is completely pink, add the vegetables to the bowl and mix. Then add the clamato juice and salt.
I've also made ceviche with a seafood mix (which is even better!) that has crab meat, tilapia and scallops. Ceviche is commonly served on a tostada shell with mayo, your favorite seafood hot sauce like 7 mares, and a nice cold corona!