Friday, July 26, 2013

Foodie Friday - Homemade Chicken Pizza




This one is pretty simple and the kids will love to help! I love making pizzas and it is quite easy to throw your favorite pizza toppings together and make quite the pizza pie.
You can either buy your favorite pizza dough (like Pillsbury Pizza Crust!) or make your own.

Ingredients:
  • 1 store bought pizza crust or homemade pizza dough recipe
  • 8 oz. jar of tomato sauce
  • 1 cup fully cooked shredded and seasoned chicken
  • 2 large tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 Tbsp. dried oregano
  • 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese

I made my own pizza dough in the hand-me-down bread maker my Mom gave me. Once I rolled my dough out, I coated the bottom and sides of a 9x9 square tin pan. After shaping the dough in the pan, I spread tomato sauce over the dough then had my little helper arrange the shredded chicken, then the sliced tomatoes. We then added chopped white onions, oregano, parmesan cheese, and lots of shredded colby-jack cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350. Slice & Serve!

Another pizza I like to make is chicken and spinach alfredo pizza with carmelized onions. Come back soon for the recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment